With the imminent release of her new album, Lily Allent talks to SK Vibemaker about being in 4th album cycle, her distinctive voice, coming out as a new artist circa 2006 times, working relationship with Burna boy, the making of new album ‘No Shame’, the making of ‘Trigger bang’ with Giggs & more
Yxng Bane talks to SK Vibemaker for Rinse TV about doing well academically but choosing the music path, his Lone wolf persona/Alter ego in the early days of his career, Wenger leaving Arsenal reaction, possibility of a joint project with Kojo Funds, the role of his manager & rapper G Frsh role in his career, his take on the current health of UK rap & where his timeline in UK music begins, 50 Cents ‘Get Rich of die trying’ influence on him, His studio approach to recording, the making of Bestie with Yungen, His latest single ‘Vroom’
Waka Flockas mothers story on how she linked him with Gucci Mane, fatherhood changes & more
In this episode of Unlock the Podcast, SK Vibemaker & Sarah Harrison are joined by Lioness & discuss:
· SKs approach to doing loads interviews
· Feeling foolish social media capturing certain moments
· Will Smith the blogger
· Presenters that are frowned upon because they notes
· Should Djs cater to the crowd in a party
· Has the ‘mixtape’ lost origins
· Has Drake outdone Lil Waynes career
· Virgil needs to say doing his thing @ Luis Vuitton
· DMX being sentenced by his music?
· Don’t underestimate the Mariah Carey music catalogue
Lioness talks about:
· Having writers block at one point
· The empowerment of her track ‘DBT’
· The differences in what men/women will sing-a-long to
· What is empowerment & crossing the line?
· Did Lil Dickys go too far with his song ‘Freak Friday’
· Her approach to making an album & more
Raye talks to SK Vibemaker about writing with John Legend, the crazy way her collab with Kojo Funds came about, The point in which she felt like a serious musician, being inspired by Ja Rule & Ashanti for her single ‘Decline’, Her ghanian & Swiss heritage & the influence on her growing up, Growing up in the church & her parents input into her career, The making of her song ‘Cigarette’ & more.
Canadian producer/singer duo Majid Jordan talk to SK Vibemaker for Rinse TV about being described as an industry secret, How they describe their sound, Majids British ties, Their influences from outside of Canada & America, Their growth/evolution since their debut project ‘Afterhours’, The story behind their latest album ‘The space between’,
The love for 1st take final versions of tracks, Jordan producing both their albums with no samples, Their experience of being signed to Drakes OVO label, The sequencing of the album & transitions
“Cant nobody from the UK say f**k Giggs in America”
Waka Flocka guests on episode 36 of Unlock The Podcast & talks about Where Hip Hop would be today with Atlanta, his extended family in the UK, Craig Macks passing, Drip Hop, great artists that came from soundcloud & more
In this episode of Unlock the Podcast, SK Vibemaker & Sarah Harrison are joined by Waka Flocka Flame to discuss:
• Where would Hip-Hop be without Atlanta?
•. All credit to his mother Debra for bringing him into the game
• Cultural appropriation by non African-American artists
• New genre of Hip-Hop is called "Drip Hop"
• Married life for a Rapper and how to raise a son in this game.
• Strong ties with other Music genres and territories, including UK & France
• What qualifies an artist to be a legend/veteran?
• Relationship with 21 Savage
On the release of his new project ‘Capo the champ’, Grime MC Capo Lee talks to SK Vibemaker for UW about his mindset behind being ‘The champ’, creating reload bars as an MC, his growth since his 2015s track ‘Liff’, thinking about plaques & more
East London born / North London based rapper/producer & Song-writer Ebenezer talks to SK Vibemaker for UW about sharpening & building his song-writing pen, his working relationship with London based producer ADP, transitioning to a solo artist, the story behind his name Ebenezer & weather he shares scrooge/stingy character traits, signing a major label record deal, his low-key nerd tendencies & more