With the release of her E.P. ‘N15’ at the end of 2016 produced by producer heavyweight Salaam Remi, Miraa May talks to SK Vibemaker for Urbanworld about feeling the excitement from the industry about her, the point in which she realised she was a serious musician, her musicianship playing instruments, her approach to song making, the inspiration behind her ’N15 E.P.’, recording in Miami with Salaam Remi & more
In this episode of Unlock the Podcast > SK Vibemaker & Sarah Harrison are joined by Salaam Remi to talk about:
• Growing up in a musical family learning numerous instruments
• Celebrating 30 years of plaques and 50 records (out Oct 28th)
• How his strong presence with UK artists like Shola Ama and Ms Dynamite came to play
• Changes in the music industry over the years - Digital vs. Analog
• Making music of quality rather than quantity
• The birth of 'No Panty' with Joell Ortiz, Bodega Bamz and Nitty Scott
• Views on Wyclef Jean's comment "Young Thug is a modern day 2Pac"
• Being at a pivotal point of Artists' career - Lauryn Hill, Amy Winehouse, Jasmine Sullivan
• What happened to the material on Amy Winehouse's third album?