With his forthcoming Soundtape project ‘Raggamuffin’ on the horizon, one of the original junglist Shy FX talk about suffering from insomnia, his mentors, producing under secret aliases in his early days, the possibility of a Shy FX & Ms Dynamite project, his favourite collaborators, the releasing of his old school lost catalogue, the making of his single ‘Call me’ with Maverick Sabre & more
Holland born, London based producer Diztortion known for his work with Lethal Bizzle talks to SK Vibemaker for Urbanworld about his most impactful year so far, the higher expectations people have of him now, All the tracks he has recorded with MS Dynamite that haven’t been released, wanting to create a production stable, the work he has been doing with Kelly Clarkson & more
In this episode of Unlock the Podcast > SK Vibemaker & Sarah Harrison are joined by Salaam Remi to talk about:
• Growing up in a musical family learning numerous instruments
• Celebrating 30 years of plaques and 50 records (out Oct 28th)
• How his strong presence with UK artists like Shola Ama and Ms Dynamite came to play
• Changes in the music industry over the years - Digital vs. Analog
• Making music of quality rather than quantity
• The birth of 'No Panty' with Joell Ortiz, Bodega Bamz and Nitty Scott
• Views on Wyclef Jean's comment "Young Thug is a modern day 2Pac"
• Being at a pivotal point of Artists' career - Lauryn Hill, Amy Winehouse, Jasmine Sullivan
• What happened to the material on Amy Winehouse's third album?