Waka Flockas mothers story on how she linked him with Gucci Mane, fatherhood changes & more
In this episode of Unlock the Podcast, SK Vibemaker & Sarah Harrison are joined by Lioness & discuss:
· SKs approach to doing loads interviews
· Feeling foolish social media capturing certain moments
· Will Smith the blogger
· Presenters that are frowned upon because they notes
· Should Djs cater to the crowd in a party
· Has the ‘mixtape’ lost origins
· Has Drake outdone Lil Waynes career
· Virgil needs to say doing his thing @ Luis Vuitton
· DMX being sentenced by his music?
· Don’t underestimate the Mariah Carey music catalogue
Lioness talks about:
· Having writers block at one point
· The empowerment of her track ‘DBT’
· The differences in what men/women will sing-a-long to
· What is empowerment & crossing the line?
· Did Lil Dickys go too far with his song ‘Freak Friday’
· Her approach to making an album & more
“Cant nobody from the UK say f**k Giggs in America”
Waka Flocka guests on episode 36 of Unlock The Podcast & talks about Where Hip Hop would be today with Atlanta, his extended family in the UK, Craig Macks passing, Drip Hop, great artists that came from soundcloud & more
In this episode of Unlock the Podcast, SK Vibemaker & Sarah Harrison are joined by Waka Flocka Flame to discuss:
• Where would Hip-Hop be without Atlanta?
•. All credit to his mother Debra for bringing him into the game
• Cultural appropriation by non African-American artists
• New genre of Hip-Hop is called "Drip Hop"
• Married life for a Rapper and how to raise a son in this game.
• Strong ties with other Music genres and territories, including UK & France
• What qualifies an artist to be a legend/veteran?
• Relationship with 21 Savage
On the release of his new project ‘Capo the champ’, Grime MC Capo Lee talks to SK Vibemaker for UW about his mindset behind being ‘The champ’, creating reload bars as an MC, his growth since his 2015s track ‘Liff’, thinking about plaques & more
East London born / North London based rapper/producer & Song-writer Ebenezer talks to SK Vibemaker for UW about sharpening & building his song-writing pen, his working relationship with London based producer ADP, transitioning to a solo artist, the story behind his name Ebenezer & weather he shares scrooge/stingy character traits, signing a major label record deal, his low-key nerd tendencies & more
Columbian born/Toronto based singer/song-writer Jessie Reyez talks to SK Vibemaker for Urbanworld about how things have changed since releasing her debut project ‘Kiddo E.P.’ early 2017, the success of her collab with Calvin Harris ‘Hard to love’, any fears of being distinctive & different, her powerful song ‘Gate keeper’, her new single ‘Phone calls’ & more
In this episode of Unlock the Podcast, SK Vibemaker & Sarah Harrison talk:
· Life hacks to early morning starts
· Chris Brown ranking high on the all-time R&B artist list
· Where the Merry in Christmas has gone
· To love handle or not
· The skill of segways in conversations
· Confusions over Bitcoin
· The difference between Eminem & Jay-Zs comebacks this year
· Weather Hip Hop fans embrace the O.Gs less than other music genres embrace their O.Gs
· Too much music too little time – The art of the DJ ear
In this episode of Unlock the Podcast, SK Vibemaker & Sarah Harrison are joined by UK DJ/Producer/Music Connoisseur Snips to talk:
· Has “Branding” created a generation of entitlement?
· Awareness vs. supporting worldly injustices
· The struggle of new age comedians in the current ‘viral hype’ climate
· GOAT talk (Wu-Tang vs ATCQ, RZA vs DJ Premier, Biggie vs Jay-Z)
· Is the present celebration of 2Pac “trendy”?
· The evolution of eras of music
· The creative process behind Snips’ new instrumental project ‘The Barbershop E.P.’ & more
With the release of his new single ‘Heart the weekend’, Shakka talks to SK Vibemaker for UW about the success of his recent solo tour, effortlessly fusing together so many influences, all of the studio camps he has been involved with this year, Craig Davids influence on his career, what winning 2 MOBO awards has done for his career, signing his 2nd major label record deal recently & more